How do I make a .png map of the game?

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • Is there any way to export the way a layout looks into a png or jpg file? I need this because I need to create a map of the whole game by melding all the layouts together, and see if there are any overlaps, as well as it's convenient by itself.

• fassFlash

Look at the System->Snapshot Canvas action and using the CanvasSnapshot expression with the Browser object to open the image in a new tab and then save the image.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • fassFlash

Look at the System->Snapshot Canvas action and using the CanvasSnapshot expression with the Browser object to open the image in a new tab and then save the image.

Ok thanks, will try out later today.

• fassFlash

Wait, that doesn't actually work right. What I want to do is not make a screenshot, but make a screenshot of the whole layout, even the parts you don't see in the window, like a map. Example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pnt6f5k0sd2ez ... e.png?dl=0

• fassFlash

You could add in some events to move the camera around and take screenshots until you have screenshots of each part of the entire layout and then stitch those screenshots together to make a map of the entire level at the highest quality.

I suppose you could do that manually within the editor as well.

Otherwise, I don't know of any way to get an image of the entire layout at full resolution.

• fassFlash

You could add in some events to move the camera around and take screenshots until you have screenshots of each part of the entire layout and then stitch those screenshots together to make a map of the entire level at the highest quality.

I suppose you could do that manually within the editor as well.

Otherwise, I don't know of any way to get an image of the entire layout at full resolution.

Oh god D: But most of the maps are 1792, 1400; and the hub area is 5000, 5000! Now, suddenly, my game seems VERY big. Help me pleeeaaase, someone

• Ashley ?

• Did you try scrolling around taking snapshots like OddConfection suggested?

• Not that it helps right now, but Tiled Map Editor does screenshots of the entire map.

Useful if you use tile maps.

• If you look down a few threads, I made a thread about node webkit and transparent backgrounds. Inside I posted a picture (the one of the event sheet) of capturing the entire layout into a mini-map. Maybe it will help.

• If you look down a few threads, I made a thread about node webkit and transparent backgrounds. Inside I posted a picture (the one of the event sheet) of capturing the entire layout into a mini-map. Maybe it will help.

You mean the mini --> Load Image from CanvasSnapshot and the setting to layout width/ height action? I'm going to try it out now, thanks

• DrewMelton it... works, and it's really good for the small layouts, but the big layouts are still having quality problems. Thanks for that too, though.

• Cool, glad it helped. This isn't my area of expertise, but at least it was useful.

• /necro hominus dominus I raise you from nearly dead

Unless I totally missed something, why not make a System-set layout scale (.01 or whatever) in a debug spot with a keypress trigger and then just go through your levels at runtime using your debug to take screenshots. Just pick a scale that allows the layout to fill the screen like you want at maximum zoom.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)