Plugin-free pathfinding

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Hey all,

I ran into so issues when using pathfinder plugins, namely performance issues on phones. So, I decided to see if I could event one! And I must say I am quite pleased with it. Since I have seen many people having trouble with pathfinding (particularly for RPGs), I decided to post it here.

Now it isn't a true pathfinder, it is only concerned with getting around small obstacles that are directly around it. So while useful navigating a cleanly laid out town for instance, it won't be any good for navigating mazes or the like.

Also I recommend using the 'moveTo' plugin to make movement fluid, or some lerping formula (I am no good with that, but have seen it used to great effect by others).

So to sum up, it's a neat little system for a basic RPG and easy to tinker with if you want it to do some custom functions. Like in my project, if you touch certain objects it will set the target to a specified location. Or maybe you could do something with platforms and 'against wall' to help him get around large obstacles. Hope it helps someone!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)