How do I Make A Plug-in to be able..

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Hi I am looking to make a plug -in to be able to use a usb midi controller, how do I proceed ?

thanks,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you have a Javascript API for that midi controller? Take a look at the example plugins, which will show you how to create actions, expressions, and conditions. My guess would be that you should start mapping actions and expressions to the things the API allows you to do.

• Do you have a Javascript API for that midi controller? Take a look at the example plugins, which will show you how to create actions, expressions, and conditions. My guess would be that you should start mapping actions and expressions to the things the API allows you to do.

Thanks for helping bladedpenguin this is part of the reply i got back after asking if there was an API " Unfortunately however we do not have this type of documentation available.

We have previously published programmers reference guides for other products within the Launch range, these are available on the Novation website, but there is no such documentation relating to the Launchkey Mini. "

would it be much different from the plug-in for the gamepad ?

• I dunno all that much about hardware programming. My experience is limited to messing with pin configuration on the Arduino firmware for a Reprap, which is going to be vastly different from interfacing with a modern USB device. If you can't get documentation from the manufacturer, maybe you can find some open source audio software that is able to use your MIDI controller. Then you can read the source and maybe do some creative modification to see how it makes the MIDI controller do what you want. Then, you probably need to make or find some kind of connector library or dll so you can do stuff in Javascript. Then you finally have to tools you need to make your plugin.

All this is a bit above my level, but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

• I dunno all that much about hardware programming. My experience is limited to messing with pin configuration on the Arduino firmware for a Reprap, which is going to be vastly different from interfacing with a modern USB device. If you can't get documentation from the manufacturer, maybe you can find some open source audio software that is able to use your MIDI controller. Then you can read the source and maybe do some creative modification to see how it makes the MIDI controller do what you want. Then, you probably need to make or find some kind of connector library or dll so you can do stuff in Javascript. Then you finally have to tools you need to make your plugin.

All this is a bit above my level, but I didn't want to leave you hanging.

thanks again bladedpenguin , its way over the drag n drop stuff that i all most know a bit about as well lol, i have found they make a map for the controller in virtualdj8 and also let you make your own map settings, so will be heading there and see .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)