please help me with animations!

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • heres my capx file,,,

i got stuck with animation..

1st i want to add an running animation to the sprint group,but when i add an set animation action to the key press event it freezes in the first frame...

and no animation.. T_T

2nd same here with attacking group..

currently there's no setup for that action...

but i did tried to use conditions of left or right keys with Z key together to attack when moving and it get stuck in first frame...

so i need your help!

h t t p :// filedropper. com/ herox

or this link(dropbox):

h t t p s ://www. dropbox. com/ s/ 6lpthqspdk2fkpu/ herox.capx ?dl=0

• Sounds like you have conflicting events..

If you have more than 1 event setting animation where the conditions are true, both events will run its actions resulting in restarting the animation every tick and therefor only displaying frame one..

Add conditions so only one event is true at the same time..

• Ah sorry, I already told you this before..

Here's some reading material

How events work

• Please check my capx ok?

Like I told you last time..

I did..

The question is the same, the answer is the same..

Add conditions so only one event setting animations is true at the same time..

The way you do this is up to you..

You asked for a suggestion in the last thread after I already gave you one..

Just a quick - hopefully helpful - suggestion.

If you used a hosting that doesn't try and force ads on you or make you wait, then maybe more people would download the .capx and have a look at it for you.

I for one won't even bother trying to help if a file is hosted on a site such as this.

• event 3

if shift is down and right is down - set animation to run

event 11

if right is down and down is not down - set animation to walk

both these events are true when both shift and right are down, so both events will have their actions executed..

• So i need to fix event 3 and 11?

• There are more events that can be true at the same time..

This was just an example..

You will find several similar events in your event-sheet..

• > Please check my capx ok?

>

Just a quick - hopefully helpful - suggestion.

If you used a hosting that doesn't try and force ads on you or make you wait, then maybe more people would download the .capx and have a look at it for you.

I for one won't even bother trying to help if a file is hosted on a site such as this.

i added a new link of drop box to the main topic reply..

please review the file!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Please explain what part of my answer to your question you don't understand!

• I need someone to edit my file and help me...

And i do not understand what should i fix in the event sheet...

Since i do not want to ruin the player animations in the event sheet but also want to add a running animation when sprinting...

I also want to attack while moving.. hmm sorry to annoy you...

• This is the "How do I" section of the forum..

My intention was to explain to you how you can do it..

If you can understand why the conditions of event 3 and event 11 can be true at the same time, you can change the conditions, to make sure this isn't the case anymore..

Also it won't be hard to find other events that have the same issue..

Seeing why events may conflict and knowing what to do to make only the event you want to execute actually executes will be of great help..

As I suggested in a previous thread, one way to prevent two animations running at the same time, would be to add a condition "animation is not playing" to one of the events, in this case another way would be to add a "shift is not down" to your event 11..

But this will not prevent the issue from arrising again unless you understand why this is nescessary..

Also, depending on what you would like to add in the future one of those solutions might not fit your need..

• thanks allot! the running animation now works!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)