Please explain this project?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Just want to learn how this is accomplished.

dropbox.com/s/ctxu8zuj6ftcgbm/ScrMenu.capx?dl=0

Like:

1) What is "MenuCheck" in the project files.

2) How did they get the Y positions to come to -73, and 553?

3) When I do the same, my sprites collapse on each other when it moves up/down. Whereas theirs keep their alignment. (I copy/pasted my sprites to make multiples of them, I assume this is what they did too? Otherwise, did they do something extra that I did not notice?).

4) How can I apply this to "Touch". so instead of clicking the up+down buttons, the user can touch the screen and scroll, and still have the boundary set so the user will stop at the top and bottom.

Thank you.

• 1) A collision check to detect mouse clicks over the button area

2) Those are the stop positions for when the menu is supposed to not be able to scroll further up/down. So it depends on how long your menu is.

3) All icons are in 1 image, mind that.

4) one possibility: https://copy.com/umNSJFdVrFWUhtcu

• try this one Scroll&Slide.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1) A collision check to detect mouse clicks over the button area

2) Those are the stop positions for when the menu is supposed to not be able to scroll further up/down. So it depends on how long your menu is.

3) All icons are in 1 image, mind that.

4) one possibility: ...

Thank you SO much! and korbaach too! Been stuck with this problem for a week to no avail and today I've done it. Learnt how to do it in the future too, (didn't just want to copy/paste without learning). Again, thanks all!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)