How do I Get my player to stop moving?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • At the end of the level I have the goal, and when you touch it, several actions take place. One of the actions is to disable the platform behavior on my player. At first I thought, well maybe I messed up somewhere, but NO! The only difference here is the layout I'm on.

All of the other actions activate when I touch the goal, so I don't know where I went wrong. If you exempt all of the other actions it basically goes like this:

Player -> on collision with goal ->->-> Player -> set goal to true

Player -> When goal is true ->->-> set Platform disabled

But it doesn't disable platform when I touch the goal. Why Not?

Please help! :(

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not sure this is enough info for anyone to help you. There is probably an event or action that you don't realize is affecting something.

• Not sure this is enough info for anyone to help you. There is probably an event or action that you don't realize is affecting something.

That's what I initially thought, but I just don't know what it could be. I scanned the entire event sheet to see if there could be another event that got triggered that keeps him active, but I didn't see anything.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

• Have you tried using the debugger to monitor objects? Or creating a text box where you can append text as events fire? That can help you understand what is going on.

Do you have an event that re-enables the platform behavior? Maybe that is firing and you don't realize it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)