How do I make my player stick to the position in Autorunner

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hey Guys.

So to follow up on one of the previous topics, I did some work on my Autorunner game and I have to say it looks a lot better now. The problem I have is the fact that I can't seem to keep my Player sprite centered at the point where it starts running. It just gets pushed to the edge of the screen and only because of the BoundToLayout behavior it stays there. Attached you will find the .capx.

Let me know if you find the solution.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here you go. I built a game using the same project. That's how I solved it. Easy.

This is mine http://www.neoprofessor.com/assets/images/HELL_RUN_200.fw.png

It's called "Run Like Hell"

Good Luck with it

• Here you go. I built a game using the same project. That's how I solved it. Easy.

This is mine http://www.neoprofessor.com/assets/images/HELL_RUN_200.fw.png

It's called "Run Like Hell"

Good Luck with it

Hey, thanks!

What a simple solution. So elegant.

I have another problem though, for some reason, my little guy is running through the top platforms. This is really annoying, I have no idea why this might be happening. Any idea?

• There are a coupe of inherent issues you will come across building off the demo. It will require some original thinking.

First, I would change the game so the player is only running while "intouch". You'll find that getting stuck in the blocks happens a lot less. I have no solution. I treat it as certain death. I make it a playable glitch that became part of the game. Very rarely the player can escape. I do some things different in my game. I destroy the player outside of layout. My player has a range of motion across the screen. You might try making the player solid but, I think I tried that. Or make the spitebox longer height wise and solid.

Good Luck

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)