player box collision issue

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • it would be very easy to point out when the box has to stop on a sprite with "solid state".

How would you program that ? (pseudo algorithm)

Keep in mind that at 60 FPS and a speed of 600 pixels/second, the sprite moved 10 pixels between between 2 ticks. Keep in mind that you, in reality, dont know the FPS for every targeted device.

PS It is possible in c3 with its improved steps on the Bullet. But i dont understand steps yet.

• Oh boy.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well I actually agree the way the behavior works is in want of a revamp. It should be made to not have this issue, and it is possible.

• Hi guys, I have a problem with the collision of a sprite used as a "player box".

When I go to the walls, not always the collision is perfect. Most often stops at a few pixels from the edge, and just holding down the direction against the wall, or trying to detach me and go back to the wall, it resolves with a perfect collision. This is giving me so much trouble, is there a way to overcome the problem? I point out that the box is a perfect square with "bounding box" collision and NOT "polygon", and the walls too are perfectly square with the "solid" behavior activated.

Every help would be highly appreciated

finally i have discovered how to avoid this issue.

The problem of space between Player Box and Walls, happens when dragging objects on the layout instead of placing them manually Assigning integers pixel values for x, and y position of objects.

for example if you don't use pixel grid and you drag a wall at X 345,5 position, instead of 345, the issue occur, but if you use integer pixel not occurr

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)