How do I make the player automatically jump on platforms

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hello everyone. I'm working on a vertical platform game, similar to doodle jump and i couldn't figure out how to make the player automatically jump from one platform to another. Help would be much appreciated

• Player on collision with platform - Player simulate control jump.

"must use platform behavior".

• Thanks a lot, it worked. But one more thing, how can i set the jump distance, let say that some platforms throw you higher.

• Personally I'd use an "overlapping at offset" event to set the jump strength of your platform object,

• Personally I'd use an "overlapping at offset" event to set the jump strength of your platform object,

Could you be a little more specific. I tried : "platform object" is overlapping "player" at offset (0,0) and the action was: player set platform jump strength to...a number that i set. I don't know if this is how i supposed to do but the result is not the one i want.

• I'm not sure if I can be more specific, but I'll explain it from another angle:

Your current set up has it so that you player automatically jumps when it comes into contact with a platform.

My suggestion is to alter the jump strength just before the player hits the platform, so that when it makes contact it jumps up at a stronger/weaker strength than before. If you're mimicking DoodleJump your best bet is to the use a Y offset, so your event would read something like "at offset(0,10)".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • player on collision with platform A - player simulate control jump

player on collision with platform B - player simulate control jump and set player jump strength to 1000

else - set player jump strength to 500

• Thanks a lot , it worked after all

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)