How do I play a video in an exported file?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • So, I can play videos when I Run them in a browser (however for some reason the videos don't play if they are too long). I have the Personal License version of Construct 2 and I exported my project to my computer to play the game without needing a browser. For some reason, the video doesn't play. Why does it work in a browser and not when exported? Do I have to do something different? Change a setting? How do I get videos to work when exported to Windows using NW.is? Any help is very much appreciated!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What format are your videos in? Are you supporting more than one codec?

It appears from THIS article that whilst most browsers support the MP4 H.264 codec, chromium - which NW.js uses - does not.

[quote:2tc7a8ed]The MP4 container format with the H.264 video codec and the AAC audio codec is natively supported by desktop/mobile Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome, but Chromium and Opera do not support the format.

After a quick test, I verified that NW.js after export plays webm and ogg but not MP4 H.264.

• I actually figured out the same problem myself earlier this week. But thank you anyhow. I got the video to work when changing the video format to Webm and then exporting it. I find it bizarre that such a common and popular format (MP4 H.264) does not work in NW.js. I almost feel as though this information needs to be given on the scirra article "exporting desktop apps with node webkit." --> https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1276/e ... ode-webkit

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)