How do I ...Play Sounds in iOS?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This Student Workbook uses both Construct 3 & 2 encoding. It supplies client-side & php "back-end" encoding.
  • Hello all,

I have a very simple project that plays a sound when a score hits 50. Works perfectly in Android and Web form but in iOS (iPhone 4s) no sound is played. I have both ogg and m4a audio filies included in my project.

Im exporting as cordova, building in XDK (iOS build) and the sound plays in the XDK emulator. The only place the sound wont play is on the iOS device (iPhone) itself.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

• Didnt tried xdk for ios...but sounds works well when you export throught cocoonjs and compile iOs

• Thanks aash - anybody else have any other ideas?

Im reliant on admob and so have to use XDK. iOS sound used to work when Ejecta was around but now it does not with the 'new' cordova export.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • btw you can also add admob in cocoonjs build but you have to add cocoonjs plugin in c2 and then compile using premium account of cocoonjs....if you dont have that i can help you...add me on skype if needed...

• btw you can also add admob in cocoonjs build but you have to add cocoonjs plugin in c2 and then compile using premium account of cocoonjs....if you dont have that i can help you...add me on skype if needed...

AFAIK you cannot use Admob natively in cocoonjs. You have to use MoPub and mediation which is problematic.

I would appreciate more details though. Can you PM me?

• problematic for what i have been using mopub by connecting with admob from ages now...and cocoonjs makes build with less mb as compare to xdk and fps is also good than xdk.

i cant pm dont have that much rep

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)