How do I play a sound when two boxes collide?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • Originally, in this 2D platformer, I have two separate entities for walls and floors. The floors are set to play a sound, while the walls don't. However, this has proven to generate quite a few problems. For example, when running into a wall, the game seems to detect that the character has collided with the floor again, and plays the sound each time I run into the wall. Confusingly, this doesn't happen on the wall opposite, which seems to work perfectly in terms of making the sound when it should.

Is there a way to fix and optimize this, or maybe even a completely different way of implementing this feature?

All help appreciated.

• Could you please share a capx of the issue, so we don't have to guess where the problem lies?

• Could you please share a capx of the issue, so we don't have to guess where the problem lies?

Sorry, I'm fairly new to this engine. What exactly do you need? I have two capx files it seeems. capx.autosave and capx.backup1

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • if your project is open in C2, just choose save as single file, it will give you a capx file.

• if your project is open in C2, just choose save as single file, it will give you a capx file.

Thanks!

Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to attach the file to the forum text. Do I have to have been a member for a certain amount of time or something?

• forum attachments don't work at the moment, I think..

You could upload your capx to dropbox or google drive or something and copy the public link..

• forum attachments don't work at the moment, I think..

You could upload your capx to dropbox or google drive or something and copy the public link..

Sure, I've uploaded it to Mega.

megafileupload (DOT) com /1mpD/Platformer.capx

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)