How do I play audio files from FileChooser imports

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of board games to make your day joyful. Play, Enjoy, Relax
  • Is it possible to play a real-time imported (using FileChooser) audio file in construct 2?

• Not right now. There's no guarantee the chosen file could actually play, since there's not one format that is supported by all browsers and platforms.

• and if i am designing for chrome/android and limit import to ogg files?

• We prefer to only implement official features that work on a wide range of platforms, or at least appear likely to gain wide browser support. Otherwise you end up with a patchwork of features that can't be relied on to port.

• Ok, thanks for the answer.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • is it possible yet?

• Oh stop with the lying! You say that its because not all formats will support the file and can't be relied on to port to all devices, however you can do this with with the video plugin in which the Construct manual says to "encode your videos in at least two formats" as "browser makers have not been able to agree on one video format that can play everywhere.". What gives!?

• Oh stop with the lying! You say that its because not all formats will support the file and can't be relied on to port to all devices, however you can do this with with the video plugin in which the Construct manual says to "encode your videos in at least two formats" as "browser makers have not been able to agree on one video format that can play everywhere.". What gives!?

Zilten

This thread is 3 years old and things have changed considerably since.

Your post is aggressive and inflammatory. Any more posts like this and I will be more than happy to ban you.

Please be polite at all times. If that is beyond you then just don't bother posting at all.

• I didn't mean to appear that way, but it still hasn't changed. I have genuinely tried with every way I could think of to have music from the Filechooser play with Audio but it just _doesnt_ work. It is natural to feel just a little angry, right?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)