How do I play an animation and flash individually?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Casual Gameplay Music is a royalty free collection of background music tracks and loops.
  • Hello

I'm having an issue with my OnHit function. Basically I want the player to play an animation whenever it gets hit and flash (flash for code purposes mostly, makes it easier).

My problem is it will play the whole animation even if its finished until the flash is done, which i have set to 1.5 second and I do not want to cut it off.

Is there any way I can actually make the animation play and end before the flash ends? Otherwise just either loops if I have Loop on Yes or just stands in the last frame if I have set Loop to No.

Thank you fellas and sorry for the noob queston, a beginer here.

• well, if the animation's not supposed to loop and it's not supposed to stay on the last frame, what's it supposed to do when it finishes playing? and whatever the answer to that is, tell it to do that when it gets done playing the animation...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • well, if the animation's not supposed to loop and it's not supposed to stay on the last frame, what's it supposed to do when it finishes playing? and whatever the answer to that is, tell it to do that when it gets done playing the animation...

Ive done that. It doesnt change anything

• on hit -- start flash

start animation.

on animation finished -- do whatever it is you're wanting it to do. (this will not affect the flash. nor will the flash affect it.)

that's as far as we're gonna get without more information...

perhaps a capx..?

• Yeah I have tested that. Even then it will wait until finished flashing

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)