[Platformer] Player Box - Multiple Characters

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hey,

I'm working on a mini-game, which ideally I need to finish today, but I'm having trouble with my player and using player boxes.

When you start the game you are offered to select 1 of 2 characters, the selected character then spawns in-game. However, I'm not able to work out how to have a player box connect to the selected player, as my attempts then seem to freeze the player movement completely or multiple players seemed to have spawned.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I can share what I've done, but only by email (I don't have enough reputation for PMs) & I'm sure there are likely to be 101 things wrong with it, as it's the first time I've attempted anything like this.

Any help would be appreciated!

• Hey Danny,

Sounds interesting, can you attach a capx to the post and I'll take a look

Can't promise anything im still a bit of a novice myself but sometimes an extra pair of eyes etc

• What is a player box?

First idea is to use the pin behavior on your player box to your player sprite.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I agree with oosyrag that the best route is in essence the player is playing as an invisible box with the character sprite pinned to it.

Though if you have a really small project with only 2 characters and not a lot of animations you could just load it all into one sprite and carefully event your animations based on which character they chose.

• Thank you all (@badmoodtaylor oosyrag Origami Turtle) and apologies for my delay.

I just wanted to let you each know I managed to resolve the issue

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)