Platformer Path Finding - A Solution

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
You must carefully navigate the neon route and collect diamonds on the track.
  • Hi All,

For a game that I was (am?) developing with a friend, we implemented platformer pathfinding using Dijikstra's alogrithm.

It uses only native C2 behaviors & plugins and a whole bunch of events. I have tested this with about 8 platformer sprites within a layout and its works great.

This can be used to build AI bots that can assist/fight with a player or within a multiplayer arena.

This has a limitation that it currently doesn't support moving platforms.

As our game has gone into hibernation (as it many a times does with us indies ).

I wanted to check with the community:

• Would you be interested in something like this?
    • What do you think the pricing should be for such a template?

I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice.

Cheers!

~abhishan

• If it can do real pathfinding on a platformer game I would be interested. I've put together my own work around for the AI in my game but I would love to see what you've come up with. Would you be willing to share a video of it in action so we can see what it can do?

• Hi Burvey,

Thanks for your interest. Yes, we are doing real pathfinding with a similar approach as the pathfinding behavior. When the layout loads, a static tree of all the platforms are constructed by analyzing vertical and horizontal distance. Then each path is calculated and stored.

I will try to put up a demo game in the arcade and update the link here.

Cheers!

~abhishan

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I haved used the implementation in my #c3jam entry here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694088

There are 3 enemy bots in the game that use it reach a target platform.

• Interesting!!

• I haved used the implementation in my #c3jam entry here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/694088

There are 3 enemy bots in the game that use it reach a target platform.

hi there, how did you accomplish this AI? and are you ok with sharing it ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)