Platform Help Needed for Ground Pound Move

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • Hi, all!

I'm making a game for a college independent study with Construct 2 and I seem to be picking up things fast with the program. I'm trying to make a platform character pound the ground like in the new Super Mario Brothers game. so far, I crafted the events where while you're in the air, you can flip and then drop down quick by pressing the down button. I used the platform tutorial as a reference to work with.

The problem I'm having is that the default falling animation is over-riding the drop event I created even though the acceleration, max fall speed, and gravity variations for the drop are defined in the event. I also have an event that resets the platform specs to default after the move is done.

My issue is that the ground doesn't shake once I have my player hit a solid object no matter what I code the event to so I left the event set to when the dropping animation finishes and crossed it out.

Here's what I have for my playable character so far:

Pound the Ground

There are some bugs that also need to be addressed including the game freezing when I try doing a ground pounding function. If anyone finds bugs or can provide tips for me to properly code events, I'll gladly and thankfully take them.

EDIT: I did an update following the proper instructions for mirroring shooting left to right events but unfortunately there is still a bug even in that particular event function. I may need some help there too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I know this is an old post but I need to know how to do this too and was hoping someone has now worked this out?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)