Plant vs Zombies

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Angry Zombies - HTML5 Game (Construct 2 & Construct3)
  • Hi guys, do you have or link to a tutorial for basics on PvZ kind of game. I mean, i already have an idea but im not sure about it. I think it uses array linked to a tile map but on how to bind that one so that you can drag and drop objects and also do you have any link that shows how to spawn random enemy on specific area because the one that i have created, after you killed the enemy using C2's destroy, the enemy will not spawn even the player goes out on a layout which eventually restarts the game but not the enemy.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks...

• you have much to learn young one.

1 st - use sprites to create fields

2nd - since you want pvz game i assume your enemies walk a straight line, put a sprite on that field and check it's X and Y. spawn enemies on that X and Y, if you have more then 1 line, then random Y between 2-3-4-5 Ys (depending how many lines you got)

3rd - you will have to do some logic of hp / stuff and more.

4th - when you destroy last instance you removed that asset from layout, that's why it's prefered to put one instance outside layout (just drag and drop it outside layout (zoom out first) )

5th - make some global vars where you calc your hp/points/whatever and use them for your game

i can't help you much more because you didn't provide anything specific to solve, but you will get the just of it by working. a lot of working.

• Thanks for the help. What would be the best practice on removing an Object (enemy) when it reached 0 hp because C2's destroy wont cut it.

• C2's destroy should work just fine if implemented in the right way..

There must be some settings and/or events that produce the unwanted effect..

I can only guess, because I haven't seen your events and or game, but maybe enemy HP is a global variable and you are not resetting the variable when restarting layout?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ravenchrono try tjis link you might find your answer here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eioscti86bpr ... 7YPza?dl=0

• Lordshiva1948

Thank you very much.

• Most welcome ravenchrono

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)