Pin, making joint break off?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • I have a character, and I am spawning an object, and creating a joint to the character.

But now when I pin the character to something, or pin something to the character the joint breaks off =/

What gives?

I am disabling all collisions so nothing interferes, but it still breaks the objects joint so it is no longer connected =/

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you post a .capx?

A common mistake is putting the pin action before the spawn action. This would be the first thing I would check.

• No its spawning the object, and pinning, and the object I distance or revolute jointed to the sprite previously, then breaks off after I pin the new object.

• Maybe post a screenshot of the logic you are talking about? I cant really visualize what is happening from your description. Here is a free host:

http://imgur.com/

• EDIT: UPDATE:

took off pin, that is not the problem. But I am spawning another object, could spawning the object at the same point break the joint?

• EDIT: UPDATE:

took off pin, that is not the problem. But I am spawning another object, could spawning the object at the same point break the joint?

Seems like you are using the pin behaviour in combination with the Physiscs behaviour, which is not recommended..

Mixing other behaviours with the Physics behaviour can (and probably will) create unexpected results..

Without seeing your events and/or capx it will be nearly impossible to answer your question.

We can only guess.

• http://postimg.org/image/4tfj68lo5/

I'm spawning "blue" blue is spawning a weapon, and weapon is creating joint to blue.

When blue is ''falling'' i spawn a falling object to attach to so blue cannot get back in when out in falling area. ( this is a top down game, not using platform behavior)

"Weapon" then stops following blues movement, ie the joint is broken.

Blue is spawning both objects on different image points.

• its not because of the resize either, i tried it with that off.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)