How do I pick an instance from and instance i just picked?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Pick Up Items Sound effects for your game, Take them for a ride right now and you will worry no more.
  • Basically ive been messing around with these conditions which it doesn't seem to actually work when RoomWalls is actually equal to "Shop

I need to pick the next instance of an object up from what i just picked but i'm not sure what other way to try.

• My bad, the object is RoomInside not RoomWalls.

• I think i Solved it by calling another function after it is equal to "Shop".

Now I just want to know if anyone can tell me does that RoomInside that just called the function pass through to the function so if I refer to that RoomInside.IID it will be the one the function called? because I just moved the second pick RoomInside event into the function and it appears to be working and I didn't add a parameter RoomInside.IID and refer too that which is how i have been doing things mostly.

• Another option is to add RoomInside object to a family. Then you will be able to pick two separate instances in the same event.

Pick RoomInside instance N
    	Pick FamilyRoomInside instance (RoomInside.IID+1)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I actually cant seem to get the family to work yet gotta keep messing with it.

• OK, I think I finally got it with making a family called RoomFam. I again referred to RoomInside in the next event but I needed to refer to RoomFam again instead.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)