Physics issue with multiple instances

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • I didn't want to report a bug until I was sure I'm doing something wrong. My layout is really simple, this is all of it:

1 arena made from individual bouncy walls.

1 player object, not too big, about 64x64.

3 small square objects, instances, that are just things the player will eat. 20x20

They all have physics. Gravity is turned off. They bounce around the arena and the player object. But I noticed something weird. Sometimes when the player hits one of the little squares it affects all of them.

Like say the player moves into one of the instances, then all the instances react whether they're touching the player or not.

The game will be very physics based so this is pretty bad. Is there something I've set up wrong?

• g1i1ch

I would suggest you upload a .capx file so we can see the code. Its hard to say whats happening otherwise.

• g1i1ch

I would suggest you upload a .capx file so we can see the code. Its hard to say whats happening otherwise.

Where's the best place to upload it, it's nearly a 20mb file?

• Okay I was able strip music and less important things to get the filesize down.

mega.co.nz

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry for posting again, I decided to take a video of it happening in case it's not happening to others.

You can see it clearly at 30s and 38s. I hit the red square and the physics effect happens to the green squares as well.

I can't post links yet but here's the video.

youtu.be/b6I2aWyub_w

This seems like a bug. Unfortunately it's game breaking for me which is a shame since I've been extremely happy with Construct and was considering buying it.

If anyone can give me any kind of pointer I'll be in your debt. I'm on a dead line and I have no idea how to approach this. Having a bug like this on release is no bueno.

[btw] I'm not going crazy am I? Are other people seeing this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)