Physics and multiplayer (Photon)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Take knife like a real thing and interact with it. Throw, rotate your weapon and etc.
  • Hi,

I'm working on a 2P ball game with Photon. I'm struggling to sync the ball (that can move very quickly like a flipper game), it moves based on the physics behavior. First I thought I would not have to sync, physics should work the same way on both clients. But for some reason the ball behaves differently on both client so that it gets out of sync very quickly (less than a sec).

I tried to handle the ball physics on P1 client and sync a sprite on P2 client, but then there is a lag that makes things ugly. So Im kind of stuck, any suggestion on how to fix this?

Thanks

• Hi there!

Did you find any solution?

We are doing something similar with C2 physics and Photon, searching for a solution too :)

• Hi, not really. About the second option (sprite synced on second client) I noticed that sometimes it works fine, sometimes not. Maybe it's due to the fact that the game is hosted on a crap shared hosting account with Photon free. This game will be tested soon on a robust server with Photon dedicated server so I will see if this is the reason.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why don't you ask in the official photon thread? There you will receive a more conscientious answer from one of the photon developers.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)