Phonegap performance on iphone

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi, i'm exporting my construct 2 project to phonegap in order to take the .ipa file to test and in the future publish in apple store. The problem is that the phonegap performance seems very low due to fps rate. In order to know if this is my project or the phonegap service i want to know 2 things:

? This .ipa file that i installing on iphone has the same performance as a native app? (If the performance is the same, how could a game with 2mb run lower than a game with 170 for iphone (Oceanhorn)).

? How can i increase the performance? (Actually i reduced the game size to 1,1Mb and it still run slow)

EDIT: The game runs really well on iphone browser previewing over wifi.

• Phonegap really is not a good option for making games. I've used it on simply word search apps and it worked ok, but that was pushing it.

• In my opintion the cocoonjs user experience is 100x better than phonegap's - frame rate and rendered image quality. The down sides are the awful load time and the flickering splash image (amateur). You never know, however, in the same way we're waiting for mobiles to become more powerful to allow html5 browser games to work at 60fps, the same improvement in technology might make phonegap more viable as well.

• It would be nice if you take your time to test WizCanvas plugin for PhoneGap https://github.com/Wizcorp/phonegap-plugin-wizCanvas

It requires to implenent on native language editor such as Java for android and Objective for iOS and call WizCanvas function via javascript before to compile executable file, it could be a worth to test and let's see the results.

I'm sorry, I have no experience to build game with PhoneGap with plugins.

• Thanks for the responses guys. I'll try to use cocoonjs to export my projects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • mahirosan I think you can't increase performances with phoneap :/

i was trying that for a long periode without any results !

i advice you to export your game with cocoonjs it's faster x10 times ,

for phonegap i think C2 should integrate something to boost the speed ,

as Joannesalfa said adding wizCanvas plugin would be a nice solution , im trying to integrate it with C2 game but it seems to be not easy :p

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)