Performance issue on iPhone and Android

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Firebase: Analytics, Dynamic Links, Remote Config, Performance, Crashlytics on Android, iOS & Web Browser
  • Hi everybody,

I have been using Construt2 for making games since 1-2 months & I really love it for the ease it provides to develop games. I developed a game with resolution: (768x1024). It runs well on iPad(62 fps). BUT it's showing very very poor performance on iPhone (30 fps) and Android (7-15 fps).

For getting the game fit to screen, i have scaled it at the start of layout only and exported it with crop mode on CocoonJS platform . I have gone through the 'Performance tips' on manual and in tutorial (provided by ranma).

(.zip size of project: 17 MB)

(Number of physics objects in each level/layout: 13)

(Average number of objects in a layout: 35)

If anyone could suggest me on how to improve performance I would really appreciate it.

• Look like you posted your topic in the wrong place, go to " How do i" section: scirra.com/forum/how-do-i_forum45.html

But first i want to ask you, what kind of game you make ?? (platform, rpg, puzzle etc...??)

If you use physic, the R129 released support native box2d in cocoonjs, upgrade to r129 and try your game again, the performance with physic will increase with great result.

Feel free to email me:

thigicthyt@gmail.com

I have a lot of experience about performance.

• Maybe you have to make a version catered to the iPhone and it's screen. To render such a large resolution and then scaling it down, that might be a reason for the drop in FPS.

• 30fps should be the baseline target for mobile devices, and there's many Android devices so you'll need to be specific.

• Look like you posted your topic in the wrong place, go to " How do i" section: scirra.com/forum/how-do-i_forum45.html

But first i want to ask you, what kind of game you make ?? (platform, rpg, puzzle etc...??)

If you use physic, the R129 released support native box2d in cocoonjs, upgrade to r129 and try your game again, the performance with physic will increase with great result.

Feel free to email me:

thigict@gmail.com

I have a lot of experience about performance.

farsmile90: Thanks for your suggestion. I'll definitely test it. But r129 is a beta release. Will that be right to rely on it. It may show new bugs during the game-play at times. Isn't there any other way?

• Maybe you have to make a version catered to the iPhone and it's screen. To render such a large resolution and then scaling it down, that might be a reason for the drop in FPS.

Rory: Ok, I agree. But Android devices come with a variety of resolutions starting from very large to small. So I can't take a small resolution as a reference; Because it can degrade the quality of images(objects) a lot while being played with high resolutions.

• 30fps should be the baseline target for mobile devices, and there's many Android devices so you'll need to be specific.

thehen: Well, I am testing it on iPhone4 (640x960) and Sony Xperia neo L (android- 480x854).

• That's why I suggested catering to iphone and smaller platforms with a different version!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 30 fps on iPhone 4 is actually pretty good. I generally target iPhone 4S and above. Regarding the Sony Xperia neo L, it's difficult to gauge without testing on a more popular device like the Galaxy S II. It's also difficult to gauge with no understanding of the games complexity.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)