How do I make the perfect multiplayer game

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • Hello guys,

I read the Multiplayer tutorial twice and I have almost undersood it.

My questions are:

I read on the forum that there are many multiplayer plugins, is there better to do it with plugins or is better old-school mode?

How can i make a login/ sign in program,

For example if i enter a number/name and i play.. and the next time i put the same number/name It remembers me and reloads my data.

Is better if i host my game with my own PC or should i make a Server (no problem)?

I am making a tank battle multiplayer game.

Thank you

• For the name one, have the player text in their name the first time they play, then save it to a Webstorage value so it will still be there every time they play. The multiplayer part, i don't know because i haven't made a multiplayer game yet.

• firezombie444

Could I also put a password on that name and I should save it on a server right?

not locally.

Thank you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think you can do that with the text box object, like if player types in whatever their password is, sign in and if they don't spawn text "Wrong username/password". Also, what do you mean by server? Like everyone's names coming up in the game/game lobby?

• firezombie444

Server = like a web hosting for the multiplayer game

But I think about the login and is more simple if i save locally a username or password and on start of the game to check if the username and password exist and login with their username?

But how can I do this and for example not to be 2 players with the same username ?

Thank you

• I don't know too much about multiplayer, sorry. There is an example capx file for the web hosting and i think there might be one for the usernames too.

• firezombie444

Could you help me with this too,

https://www.scirra

.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=128096

Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)