How do I pause the game?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello,

I tried to set the time scale to 0 and it doesn't work in my case.

While I know it is to stop time, how can I completely freeze the game buttons?

They can be pressed even if the game has a time scale of 0 and there are certain moment that I cannot place two buttons on top of each other on different layers.

Otherwise if you click credits for example it sends you to the credits layer then it automatically clicks back cuz it is on the same position.

I also tried to use variables to stop button clicking, but they can still be clicked.

• Provide the capx file. Would be easy to solve all your queries

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Never mind I already fixed it.

• Never mind I already fixed it.

hello, im having the same issue, how do you fixed??

• Usually you can put all your input triggers in a group and enable/disable the group as you pause and unpause.

• You can also have a compare condition, is timescale greater than 0. Adding this condition to your controls/inputs will mean they only work if timescale is not at 0.

~Sol

• aspano81

The issue with my game wasn't the time scale, it was the player controls.

Whenever I pressed W the player moved by 5 pixels.

So it has nothing to do with time.

I just set a variable pause and I set it to 0 if player controls are normal or 1 if player controls are disabled.

• thanks

i will try this

aspano81

The issue with my game wasn't the time scale, it was the player controls.

Whenever I pressed W the player moved by 5 pixels.

So it has nothing to do with time.

I just set a variable pause and I set it to 0 if player controls are normal or 1 if player controls are disabled.

• so this weird thing is happening, i have in layer 6 the pause button a continue and an exit button, when the layout start that layer is hidden.

but for some reason even when its hidden i can click on the buttons, on the hidden layer, is possible to solve this?

• Add the condition "layer is visible" to the relevant events.

• aspano81

On layer 6, click on the buttons on your construct 2 project and make their initial visibility hidden or visible as you want them.

Next, on events, you need to add a condition that will enable you to click the buttons only if they are visible.

You either check for the button visibility or for the layer visibility.

But I believe what you are asking for is how to show the buttons.

So just check if they are set to visible on their initial visibility in the properties panel.

• Hello, it`s not working, maybe im doing something wrong

this is what happens, the buttons on the pause layer ( hidden on start of layout layer 6) are still active when im playing and im able to click them

aspano81

On layer 6, click on the buttons on your construct 2 project and make their initial visibility hidden or visible as you want them.

Next, on events, you need to add a condition that will enable you to click the buttons only if they are visible.

You either check for the button visibility or for the layer visibility.

But I believe what you are asking for is how to show the buttons.

So just check if they are set to visible on their initial visibility in the properties panel.

• Check if they are visible, then you can click them.

So add visible condition on the click.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)