Pause & Resume in 2 Layouts

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • Hi all

pardon me because I am a noob for construct2.

just think i have 3 layouts

layout1 - mainmenu

layout2 - game screen

layout3- resume menu

so what I want to do is, while im playing the game using time scale action I want to pause the game pressing "P" in my keyboard and then it should go to "layout3" so how do i call this event?

can anybody help me out?

i tried keyboard -> on P pressed | system-> set time scale 0 -> system go to layout3keyboard -> on P pressed | system-> set time scale 0 -> system go to layout3 but it didn't worked

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • can you be more specific?

keyboard -> on P pressed | system-> go to layout3

^ That should work fine, unless their is a specific reason you need time-scale in.

• Sketchy77

Thanks for your response, now I have added all the actions which I want to be paused when I press "P" key and made it a group and then created a event

when I press P > deactivate the group

[then it will go to another layout and when i press R it will return to the previous layout and activate the group"time scale 1.0"]

then when I press R > activate the group

now what I want to do is, when I press R & when it return back to the game layout i want to start the game from where I paused, not from the beginning, how do I do that?

• Look at the options for persisting objects between layouts. Read the manual section on save games and persistent objects may help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)