Pathing for Enemy AI

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Enemy turtles pack including fifteen fully animated variations
  • Hey everyone, I believe I posted this question before but I am unable to find the thread.

I am dissecting the pre-made games that come with Construct 2. Right now I am focusing on the Top-Down Scrolling Shooter game. I learn the most by dissecting other peoples work/code/etc.

Anyways, in this game the enemies are spawned at certain intervals but they just sort of fly south and that's about it. What I am wanting to add, is a path my little ships could fly in on. Slow down after the path is completed and take up a formation, attacking the player. After a set time they would continue on their way south or whatever I decide.

Hopefully this has given you an understanding of what I am interested in making. Do you have ideas how I could tackle this?

Thank you,

Stephen

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • *Bump* 24 hours

• TO find your own posts you can just go into your profile and click the link that says how many posts you have.

As for your question, do a search for waypoints in the forums and you will find some good posts on how to create paths if you don't want to use the built in pathfinding behaviors.

• Didn't even know there was a path-finding feature in the engine lol. I will start there.

EDIT: Gave that a look through and I don't think that is what I need.

I need enemies to follow a set path. But there's no way to set the path?

• you could use Moveto Plugin

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)