How do I use the path finding behavior correctly?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Move around the rectangular and travel as much as you can!
  • Hello there, I am a student at Royalton High School in Minnesota, and my test on my game is next MONDAY! So I really have to figure this out. So, I am making a standard top down shooter zombie game, and I have a slight major problem. My zombies just can't pathfind the player correctly. It's making me really mad I've tried many numerous tutorials but they have all of these extra things, like line of sight, and alerted, etc. ALL I WANT IS SO THAT THE ZOMBIE KNOWS HOW TO WALK AROUND THE BARRIERS AND FOLLOW THE PLAYER INTO THE HOUSE. Here, I posted some pictures (EDIT: Pictures are in the google drive link along with the project.)

EDIT EDIT: Since Scirra Forums are silly and I can't post URLs due to such low rep I can't give you google drive link. So I hope you guys know what im talking about, Im sorry.

If someone can tell me what i need to add or fix, PLEASE let me know, i've gotta fix this. I have also uploaded the whole entire project. So if someone wants to just go ahead and do it and then tell me what I did wrong instead of having a hard time trying to tell me how to do it on the forums, As I have found that easier to do for other people who have had problems.

Thank You All In Advance!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • post your capx as text (without dots)

• post your capx as text (without dots)

Here, I have to do it like this, so it doesnt get blocked

/open?id=0BwLdV3_jq1_deUxwSzlVY0VXa1E

Add this before you paste the stuff above:

https :/ /drive. google. com

without the space obviously (lol)

• You've got permissions on the file.

• You've got permissions on the file.

Im sorry im a noob

https ://drive .google .com

/folderview?id=0BwLdV3_jq1_deUxwSzlVY0VXa1E&usp=sharing

tell me if this works

• Pathfinding is an expensive operation, so "Find path" only starts the algorithm. You need to add an "On pathfinding path found" -> "Move along path".

And, since the target keeps moving, you also need to recall "Find path" every so often, so the zombies update their path.

The built-in Pathfinding demo shows most of this right at the top of the file.

• Pathfinding is an expensive operation, so "Find path" only starts the algorithm. You need to add an "On pathfinding path found" -> "Move along path".

And, since the target keeps moving, you also need to recall "Find path" every so often, so the zombies update their path.

The built-in Pathfinding demo shows most of this right at the top of the file.

why, i suppose. I did look at that Pathfinding demo but it didn't have this one thing I was looking for. Also, how would I update or "recall" the find path. I tried to do "every tick" but it didnt work

• Try every 1 second, as a start.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)