Particles problem "there are no instances of this object"

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • I tried add particle when object is dying. I did same thing that is in example, but when object is dead game is stops and there is info:

"Cannot create an instance of the object type 'particlesAB': there are no instances of this object anywhere in the project. Construct 2 needs at least one instance to know which properties to assign to the object. To resolve this, add at least one instance of the object to the project, on an unused layout if necessary."

Here is my capx image for particles:

• This has always been the case.

There are many ways around this.

I personally like to place all game gfx on am unused blank Layout. That way all have an instance ready for when it's needed.

• This has always been the case.

There are many ways around this.

I personally like to place all game gfx on am unused blank Layout. That way all have an instance ready for when it's needed.

OK, but it is placed in layout that i try run.

• It is placed in the layout you try and run and then it is destroyed as part of that event so there's no instance left, that's the issue. Just put one instance in the unused layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It is placed in the layout you try and run and then it is destroyed as part of that event so there's no instance left, that's the issue. Just put one instance in the unused layout.

Thanks it's working now.

Is there any method to watch animation of particles without running full game?

• No i don't think so, only at runtime. I think Construct 3 has this option though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)