Particle Explosion Effect

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
19 glow particle sprites in 4 colors and different shapes.
  • I'm making a pixel platform game and my player shoots with a rocket launcher.

So if a rocket collides with a wall or something, it explodes. I made a little explosion effect with particles.

But it's more or less just a yellow pixel explosion, like a circle, nothing special.

How can I make a nice looking explosion with paticles? Are there any capx-files or tutorials here that I missed? Or can you guys help me?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Particles can only increase the "object count". Having more objects does not mean the visual will be more beautiful.

This is more about art design. I suggest you take a look at some sprites of Metal Slug's explosion and its visual effects, and study from them instead.

However, if you are more of a programmer than an artist, you can still try the glow effects, etc. (ex. try put glow effect on a layer where all particles will be spawned to have glowing particles)

But again, if you wanna make things more beautiful, this is more about the art, and not really related to capx or C2 tutorial here. Go study art instead.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)