Partial Screenshot

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • This is a big ask I know, but here goes. Is there a method to capture a screenshot of a partial part of the screen on a mobile or tablet.

I have seen other apps achieve this.

Example

Screen size = 1280 x 800

I want to capture a screenshot of only 600 x 900

• If you search for it, there's probably a more detailed answer, but basically, you resize the window, then take your screenshot.

• Thanks

Search here I come...

• No luck with the search.

So is it possible to change the window size at runtime?

• I shoulda said 'canvas', not 'window'

system > set canvas size

system > snapshot canvas

Don't forget you'll also need to scrollto whichever part of the canvas you're trying to get a screenshot of.

• Set layout scale and then scroll to an object somewhere in the center of the area you want to take a snapshot of.

I have not used the new C2 capture feature but that should work. You may get a blown up image but would probably work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is the normal layout

This is the preview where I zoom in the layout so that the picture fills the width of the layout

This is the screen shot that I would require

Not sure if this is possible?

• The catch is with any fullscreen scaling the image will still be the size of the screen.

If you use the paster or canvas object you can do this instead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdb3cy5pwt7eb ... .capx?dl=0

1. A snapshot is done

2. The image is loaded into a Sprite that covers the view.

3. That Sprite is pasted to a paster object that is positioned to the spot you want and with the image resolution you want.

4. The paster.imgUrl expression will give a base64 URL just like the canvassnapshot expression to save the result.

• Was hoping R0J0hound would comment. Seems that its not possible without third party plugins.

Thanks everyone for your help.

• To be clear it is possible without third party plugins if no fullscreen scaling is used. Also it may be possible to do by fiddling with some css of the canvas and such, but i didn't spend much time exploring that idea.

• Thank you

• The catch is with any fullscreen scaling the image will still be the size of the screen.

If you use the paster or canvas object you can do this instead:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... aster.capx

1. A snapshot is done

2. The image is loaded into a Sprite that covers the view.

3. That Sprite is pasted to a paster object that is positioned to the spot you want and with the image resolution you want.

4. The paster.imgUrl expression will give a base64 URL just like the canvassnapshot expression to save the result.

R0J0hound

the link for this example isnt working.... any chance ya might have it laying around?

im looking to screen shot a specific part of screen, not the whole thing ....

thanks!

• Mubot

I put an updated link in my post

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)