How do I override default platformer controls?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Have you tried to create realistic and at the same time casual tank movements? You found the perfect solution!
  • Hi everyone,

I'm new to Construct 2 and would like to know if I can turn off jumping from the default platformer behavior. Either that, or somehow delay the jump, I would like the jump to happen one second after you pushed the button - I'm trying to mimic an old snes game flashback where there was a delay in the jump.

I have read the double jumping articles and tried searching the forum but can't quite find what I need. I don't really want to create a custom physics object and code in all the physics etc when it already exists if you get what I mean. Overrides? Can I see the code behind it? I can code C++/C# so If I need to get my hands dirty that's not a problem but I've picked construct 2 due to it's simplicity!

Thanks guys

• Look up the platform behavior in the manual , you can turn off the controls and then simulate them with events .

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just disable "default control" on the inspector and use "Simulate control" on events.

• Thanks a lot guys!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)