Excellent. That's what I thought.
So then, moving more specifically towards my game...
I have a series of object instances ("Ping") that are created at the image points of the instances of object "Node". Each Ping instance has an OriginIID instance variable and is given the IID of the Node at which it was created. Each Ping is then extended in width until they either...
1. overlap a wall (action: Destroy) or
2. overlap another instance of Node (action: store the IID of Node to OriginIID).
0. Every Node instance has an Array contained with it.
1. Node(0) creates x instances of Ping.
2. Ping(x) extends in a compass fashion...up to four directions.
3. When Ping(x) overlaps with Node(1), the Array that is contained with Node(0) will receive (via Push) the IID (stored in OriginaIID instance variable) of Node(1).
This way, when the Enemy overlaps Node(0), it will be able to pick from the available directions that it can go...in this case, whichever direction Node(1) lies. Since the IID of Node(1) is contained in the Array of Node(0), I can easily plot a path for it via Pathfinding.
But...I'm hitting snags and I'm trying to refine/eliminate the causes to why it's not working.