origin problem

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hi All,

I'm new here and can't wait to get stuck in. I was wondering if anyone has an answer to this problem i'm having...

Most of the things i've tried with Construct 2 have worked like a charm and I love the software but with the main 0,0 origin position at the top left I'm getting into some bother. I'm trying to create a line graph and at the moment it is quite simply a particle emitter which is spraying a straight red line. All I need it to get the object to move up or down depending on the score that players achieve. In the past this has been a simple case of dividing the score with the height of the table but because point 0 is at the top and point 720 (my page height) is at the bottom then as the score goes down, the line goes up!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can tackle this? Perhaps there is a mathematical solution or a way to invert the origin point of the project? The scores in the game start at 100,000 and go down to 0.

Fingers crossed guys :)

• First of all, why are you using a particle emitter? Why not just stretch a rectangle?

• First of all, why are you using a particle emitter? Why not just stretch a rectangle?

The line graph dynamically changes alongside the amount of money the player has so the particle emitter is doing a great job. Im all ears if you have a suggestion with rectangles but my problem is just simply how to change the Y position of the emitter object in relation to the money score so it draws the graph as we play.

By The Way Seriously Loving AirScape :)

• Nobody have any ideas? I'm finding this very difficult.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Score * -1"? This turns a negative number positive, and a positive number negative.

• Thank you very much, that totally slipped my mind. Not great at maths but game design is forcing me to get better :) Is there anything I can do on these forums so people know I got the answer?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)