Organize over 100 animations

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This sound pack comes with 100 high quality, ready-to-use sound effects for all kinds of games.
  • I have a odd problem where I want an easy way to manage a lot of animations.

Exmaple: Pokemon game. Your Enemy Sprite will have 100+ animations. One for each monster and one for each evolution of that monster. Picking the right one gets difficult. If I assign the animations numbers like 1_1_Monstername, I will have problems because some monsters have 3 evolutions, others have 2 or 1.

Can anyone think of a good way to organize my animations? Could be a combo of dictionary/array or something less complex.

The end goal is this.

Given 1-2 constraints, I want to randomly select a monster at a given level. I want to be able to select via type, evolution level etc. At this time, I'm using a naming convention like 1_1_stuff. But this isn't good enough. Any thoughts are appreciated!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What about CSV, with an ID in the first column (unique by monster), N columns for all the datas about your monster (at least the animation), and 1 column for the ID of the evolution of the monster (or more than 1, like level, or special conditions, even multiple evolutions for a single monster if needed) ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)