How do I optimize ads? (17 000 impressions in one day)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Best soundtracks for any game. High quality and engaging assets.
  • JLH1964 What wrapper are you using for your C2 apps? XDK or Cocoonjs? And are they on Android or iOS?

• >

>

> Here is the last 7 days for some of my apps. Again, the highlighted yellow section is C2. I think this really shows the amount of revenue that is being left on the table.

>

> [attachment=0:1scv2pln][/attachment:1scv2pln]

>

That seems to suck. Why should C2 apps be any different? BTW I have a similar story (I only have C2 apps though).

• JLH1964 What wrapper are you using for your C2 apps? XDK or Cocoonjs? And are they on Android or iOS?

I'm using XDK and all apps are on Android - Google Play. it has to be more than a coincidence. Another trait i noticed is that the Android apps get steady revenue through the day whereas the C2 app hits a few cents and then sits there all day. its as a C2 app gets the first flush of revenue and then nothing for the rest of the day.

• And the other apps you haved with better revenue. Are those also only on Android?

• Maybe we should ask expert )

if it is no Ludei issue, then maybe it is about MoPub? alicerp

but JLH1964 said that he uses XDK... and XDK has direct connection with AdMob...

uhm...

so maybe it is question to Ashley ?

• O_O

• Any official comment? I know Ashley is not responsible for ads' income but I'd really like to know if he or anyone knows why C2 apps shouldn't get similar results to native apps.

• i know all ads don't cost the same to place, I guess that means some ads are more valuable to display. I'm guessing at that as I've never been on that side of the business. Could that be somehow a factor?

• rho I wish I knew. I know it's a bit of a black art, and perhaps those who know aren't all that inclined to say.

• When I still had Ads, I was consistently getting around $2 per 1,000 impressions for a banner on the bottom.

It was similar via MoPub/AdMob (about 80% fillrate) or when it was direct via AdMob (which higher fillrate).

Reading around, it seems around $1-2 per 1,000 impression is a normal result for banners.

• I have around 50 000 impressions now with a bottom banner and it has generated about 3$ so I have turned off the ads now because it isn't worth it

• I have around 50 000 impressions now with a bottom banner and it has generated about 3$ so I have turned off the ads now because it isn't worth it

I respectfully disagree. When implemented correctly (Java / Eclipse), ad-revenue is a very real source of income. I offer the following screenshot to encourage people to keep trying to figure out where C2 is falling down with regards to ads.

The screenshot is from income from the last year for the 'better paying' of my apps. None are C2. The screenshot is not intended to 'brag' but to show whats possible using AdMob for revenue.

Also, my revenue is poor compared to many other Android devs and nothing to brag about.

Why not try interstitial ads? My ad revenue climbed drastically when I switched away from banners (non C2).

[attachment=0:12pjfcwe][/attachment:12pjfcwe]

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have no doubt that ads are a good source of income. I just meant that it is not worth it in my game at the moment until I've found out the problem. I have plenty of friends making alot of money on ads.

But something seems to be wrong with the cocoonjs admob plugin. Because I've made more money on the same app on android exported with crosswalk with only 250 impressions than I've made on iOS with 50 000 impressions

I have interstitial ads but no one clicks them because I don't make them pop up in the middle of the game, hehe. I refuse to trick people to click ads.

• I have no doubt that ads are a good source of income. I just meant that it is not worth it in my game at the moment until I've found out the problem. I have plenty of friends making alot of money on ads.

But something seems to be wrong with the cocoonjs admob plugin. Because I've made more money on the same app on android exported with crosswalk with only 250 impressions than I've made on iOS with 50 000 impressions

I understand. I just feel your frustration as 99% of the challenge is creating an app that people are interested in and you have obviously done that. Ads should not be the problem.

BTW - if your interested in an 'easy' but 'hacky' way to use XDK to create iOS apps with true Admob interstitial ads let me know. I'm reluctant to post it as it may be well known already and its no 'discovery'. I had an issue where I could export and create an app in XDK but no sound. I found a workaround that, for me, is way simpler than the Ejecta / xCode process.

Let me know if you want detais.

• I know. I finally made a game that people actually download and keeps playing but don't earn anything on it. But the ads are showing and everything so I wonder where the money goes

I'm very interested in making my iOS games with XDK. Tried but with no luck. I don't own a Mac so when I upload for iOS I borrow from friends and all the certificates you need to publish a game on the app store makes me insane. So god damn complicated.

So if you have a working guide I would really appreciate it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)