Basically I saved my project in 213 beta version and after trying to exporting it to desktop via NW.js and having a error I downgraded to version 212 the current release version and now my project won't open saying I need to have the latest version of construct 2.
How do I force it to open the file or can that not be done?
If I can't get an answer on that then doe's anyone know when the next version of construct 2 will be out? Till then It kinda looks like I'm dead in the water unless I want to remake the project and that's not happening lol.
Firstly, to save over your work with a new beta release without first making a backup is unforgivable.
Having said that, it is easy to revert to a previous version by simply editing one file:
This will only work as long as you haven't made use of any new features after r212.2, obviously.
1. Go to the project file. If it's a .caporj file, skip step 2.
2. If it's a capx, unzip it (capx are just zip files basically) using such as Winzip, 7 zip etc.
3. Now, open the caproj file in a plain text editor.
4. Look for the following string, minus quotes: "<saved-with-version>". It's only a few lines down from the top.
5. You'll see this tag has a 5 digit number; it's the c2 version padded with 2 zeros (so, r213 will look like 21300). Change the first digits to match version you want to revert to, i.e. 212.2 would be 21202.
7. Double click .caproj to open within C2