Can one of you mathematicians refresh me real quick?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Scrollbars with FULL functionality and versatility, just like the ones you can find in AAA games!
  • I use a lot of formulas where say, if sprite is moving 0 speed, I want angle set to 20 and if the sprite is moving 200, i want the angle set to 360 and everything in between

which is pretty simple. I just punch the numbers into a two point form calculator and it gives me the y= and I plug it in (angle = 1.7*speed + 20 in this example)

which is easy enough. but let's say I want to add a curve to that line (so the angle changes slower at slower speeds and faster at faster speeds), what's the math I'm looking for? I used to know these things.. just need a reminder.

Thanks!

• which is pretty simple. I just punch the numbers into a two point form calculator and it gives me the y= and I plug it in (angle = 1.7*speed + 20 in this example)

This is linear equation.

which is easy enough. but let's say I want to add a curve to that line (so the angle changes slower at slower speeds and faster at faster speeds), what's the math I'm looking for? I used to know these things.. just need a reminder.

Possibly you're looking for quadratic equation? Keyword = polynomial.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you, I finally did figure that out along with some other interesting things about bezier curves and qarp. At this point, I've got things so messed up, none of it's even any useful to me anymore. ha!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)