Object type - parent?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • So this is a newbie question - sorry if it has been answered elsewhere, I did search but did not managed to find an answer.

I have a few different monsters in my game so far. All of them should react similarly to some things (ie overlapping the player) and different to other things (like whether or not to bounce of walls) and of course they use different sprites. I would expect then that I would be able to create some type of "parent" or grouped object including all my monsters, which could be called simply "monster" and use that in those events where they all react similarly. But I can't seem to figure out how to do this. What would you say is the best way then to avoid long "or" chains or multiple events that are identical with just the monster object replaced?

Many thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ooh just realized that object families is a feature in the paid version! Gotta start thinking about that then...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)