Object Following Camera - "Ghost" mode?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hi guys,

I've a hovering camera following my player, and it seems to be working well... except it gets stuck when trying to follow another player and there's a solid object between the two. Now I got a work around working that uses the jump-thru attributte instead, but is there anyway to make my camera object float around regardless of whether an object it's about to go through is solid or not?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can't you move the camera with a behavior that doesn't respond to solid objects. Or perhaps you could do the camera motion with just events.

• Hmm.. tried the idea out, got rid of the 8-direction behavior and just used +- operations on the camera position. So far it looks all right. You think there's a performance hit between using the 8-direction's simulation control vs. directly manipulating the x and y axes of the camera?

• You probably wouldn't notice any difference. But just controlling the X and Y should be less performance heavy as far as I know.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)