How do I see the object that should block my LoS further.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hey guys

I have an issue. I have walls, walls are solid and are listed as obstacles for my Line-of-Sight behaviour. All is well but the fact that I also don't see the walls that should be visible - just blocking stuff that's behind them. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or is there a known *duh* workaround for this that I ain't getting?

Cheers

• Just for firther clarification. The wall is part of the map enviroment. By design i need to hide all the map enviroment until i see it, for exploration purposes - so I cant really use it in the traditional way that it just blocks vision but is not open to being hidden itself. On the contray, I need it to both stop vision passing through while also hiding other walls behind it, but i need to see the wall that stops me from seeing behind it...hope I make sense.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • LOS does not see obstacles. Whats more, it kan not see trough obstacles. So if you make the 'viewer' solid with solids as obstacles it can not see trough itself.

I suppose the easy way is to have the LOS behavior attachted 2 times. With custom obstacles.

1 To not see trough the walls, with its event system.

1 To see the walls, with its event system.

• Hey thanks

How do I make it see the first walls, but not any walls that may lay behind the them? Wouldn't this just reveal all walls in my LoS?

• I dont understand ? If it can not see trough the first walls, it will not see those behind them. It will not reveal anything behind an obstacle.

Does this capx shows you the possible combinations ? And the principle ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5fogt05zwrwnu ... .capx?dl=0

The LOS is really a nice behavior.

• Hey, great!

Thanks, I think I see what I need in this example.

Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)