NW.js and Optimization: what is happening?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hello everybody,

I have a project that weights 6 mb, everything included: animations, event sheets, files, layouts, textures, .caproj, etc. My musics and sounds are .ogg only and don't weight much, all my textures are very very small, etc.

When I export it to NW.js, using recommended export spec for PNGs and minifying the script, my exports (win32,win64, linux and osx) weight between 130 and 160mb.

What happened here? Is that normal? What can I do?

Thanks.

PS: my html5 export weights 5,75mb.

• Hello everybody,

I have a project that weights 6 mb, everything included: animations, event sheets, files, layouts, textures, .caproj, etc. My musics and sounds are .ogg only and don't weight much, all my textures are very very small, etc.

When I export it to NW.js, using recommended export spec for PNGs and minifying the script, my exports (win32,win64, linux and osx) weight between 130 and 160mb.

What happened here? Is that normal? What can I do?

Thanks.

PS: my html5 export weights 5,75mb.

That is normal. When you export with NW.js it also includes the whole browser which makes the file so big. When you export a regular html5 build the browser is not included and that is why you have to upload it and play it in a browser.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh okay, I thought there was a problem somewhere. I'm a bit surprised. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)