NW.js Copy and Move file not working

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hello!

I am trying to move or copy files through Nw.js's On file Dropped event but it just isn't working for some reason.

I can rename files, see the name of the dropped files, and write files, but something is stopping the move and copy actions from working.

Here's a screenshot:

I am running construct 2 as administrator, I tried exporting the project and running it as administrator and that did not work either.

There has to be something I'm missing here!

Thank you in advance for any help

• Necroing the topic

i have the same problem!

• Hello!

I am trying to move or copy files through Nw.js's On file Dropped event but it just isn't working for some reason.

I can rename files, see the name of the dropped files, and write files, but something is stopping the move and copy actions from working.

Here's a screenshot:

I am running construct 2 as administrator, I tried exporting the project and running it as administrator and that did not work either.

There has to be something I'm missing here!

Thank you in advance for any help

Pretty sure (However might be wrong as I have to check) but you need to add the filename of the file you copy.

• Nwjs.droppedFile is the name of the file you are copying. It basically give you the path of the dropped file.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • What does userfolder & testfolder evaluate to? Does userfolder end with a slash?

• in my case i've tried to just copy a dropped file to an already created folder and it didn't work (same for moving). It may be an authorization problem or something like that.

I've tried it with a slash at the end of the destination path. The original file path is just NWjs.DroppedFile

• in my case i've tried to just copy a dropped file to an already created folder and it didn't work (same for moving). It may be an authorization problem or something like that.

I've tried it with a slash at the end of the destination path. The original file path is just NWjs.DroppedFile

Should probably have written it a bit more clear In the first reply, but what I meant was that you have to include the filename in the destination path so it look like this. Here are 3 simple examples.

You can change the destination filename (B.rtf) to whatever you like. In this case I just made it B rather than A.

• It's working as intended

That's a life saver, thank you !

• nimos100

Hey it seem your image doesn't show up, can you please reupload ?

Thank's !!

• nimos100

Hey it seem your image doesn't show up, can you please reupload ?

Thank's !!

It should be fixed now.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)