Node Webkit - command line options?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
solution for games like "fruit ninja" and drawing applications
  • What if any command line options should I use with the new, separately downloaded, version of Node Webkit?

In the last version of C2 that came with a bundled Node Webkit version, after exporting my game to an exe, I used two command line options that helped with performance and compatibility on several systems.

--disable-threaded-compositing

This fixed a Webkit issue that caused regular freezing and hitching that would stall a game for between 1 and 10 seconds, which would happen a few times a minute for as long as the game was running.

--ignore-gpu-blacklist

This allowed my games to run on Windows XP, in cases where the default exported game would show up as a blank screen.

Ever since upgrading to the newer version of C2 for which Node Webkit is downloaded separately, using "--disable-threaded-compositing" results in a solid white screen.

Just wondering if that means Webkit solved the problems I mentioned above, and the command options are no longer needed, or if I need different options now, or if I need to change some settings in C2.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • To my knowledge you no longer need to disable-threaded-compositing as this problem has been solved.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)