newbie UID question

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Act on your instances, get/set their properties and variables only thanks to their UID. No more picking trouble! Plugin
  • I've been looking through posts referencing the UID attribute and they're all a little over my head. I have a sprite and I want to have multiple instances where each sprite is playing it's animation from a different frame. At the moment I'm just not sure how to address each sprite separately in the event editor - I imagine that it's easy and related to UID - can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks!

• Just add a string type variable, and for each instance type the animation name as the variable value.

Then in the editor, add a trigger, trigger once while true, sprite set animation to sprite.variable.

• if it's just the starting frame you want to change, just set it in the "initial frame" in the property panel for each of your instance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok, it turns out changing the 'initial frame' is all I needed to do for my purposes - but Newt - it seems like you're describing a very roundabout way to accomplish something construct does anyway? Or maybe I'm not understanding. In any case, thanks for the help!

• newt's way is good if you want to start with different animations. As you don't have an "initial animation" property.

But instead of 'trigger once' I would probably use a 'start of layout'.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)