Need help with sounds not playing

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hi everyone. I am almost finished with my meditation app but the sounds are not playing on iphone or andriod (Kindle fire)

They play fine on the PC

Here is the file:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybhyzaxa4fadd57/meditationapp.capx

Here is the html5 on my site running:

http://www.warrior-scholar.com/meditation/MA3/

Works fine in Chrome and firefox but not in IE

Totally stuck.

• From the manual:

Mobile limitations

Safari on iOS and Chrome for Android share a limitation in playing music. While sound effects can be played at any time, music is only allowed to start playing when the user touches the screen. This is a limitation in the browsers themselves. As a result, if you play music on the start of layout, you may find in these browsers it does not actually start until the next touch.

Safari on iOS has a further limitation that no audio can play at all until the first touch. In other words, audio starts off muted and the first touch unmutes audio playback.

Usually you do not need to handle this in your events. If you try to play sound or music on 'start of layout', the audio object will automatically queue it up for playback the next time the user touches the screen. However you should be aware of this when designing your game. If the first touch changes layout or stops the music, then the music may never be heard. You may want to start playback then encourage the user to touch the screen with a 'Play' icon or something similar.

• Is there a way around this? for example publishing to clay.io

• Does anyone know a way around this? I'm still a newbie but I would imagine there has to be a way to make this work. Is there a way to save the program as a stand alone type app verse downloading it as an html5?

• I'm facing a similar issue with audio not working correctly on phones - I can't seem to get the music toggle in my app to work, the other sound effect toggle works in some situations but the music toggle seems to be ignored totally.

The toggles work correctly when tested on a desktop browser but on my phone, that issue appears even though I've built it in Crosswalk and installed the APK on my device. Any advice as to where to look would be greatly appreciated!

Did some digging - my issue might be just a bug according to

• dan Blast - Not sure if you still need help but I gave up and decided to go with CocoonJS instead and it got rid of all the audio issues I was having. It does have it's own set of limitations though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • dan Blast

Hi Dan. Just a few weeks ago, I had perhaps the same issue as you are having. There was no sound in IE.

What I needed to do in order to fix it was log into my web host and use cPanel to add MIME Types.

Here is what I had to add and also what my .htaccess file looks like:

AddType application/manifest+json .manifest

AddType application/font-woff .woff

AddType application/x-web-app-manifest+json .webapp

AddType audio/mp4 .m4a

AddType audio/mp4 m4a

AddType text/cache-manifest .appcache

AddType text/xml .xml

Just to be clear. I didn't just add the above lines to my .htacess file but used the cPanel.

Your webhosting provider should be able to quickly help you get going and if not, just log into cPanel and use "MIME" in the search field which should bring you right to the page where you can add these lines ... one by one.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Vancouver

P.S. Can I ask you for a quick favour? I don't have access to a Kindle device and wonder if you would ming visiting my website http://littlecomposers.com and click on apps and just try and open one in the Kindle? IF something behaves weird, please let me know. No hurry ... just if have some time down the road. THANKS

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)