Need help on the finishing touches with publishing/sharin/prepping for Steam

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • I've got my game finished enough. It's at that spot where I've been working on it long enough that I don't really see the flaws and what can be improved anymore. Now I want to turn it into an EXE that's easy to share. Something where all someone needs to do is download the file and click on the EXE. I'm not sure how to make that easy. Does anyone know how to take that nw.exe file and make it something that looks more finished instead of having it buried in a file? Is there an easier way to make the EXE accessible?

And finally has anyone published on Steam? What are the next steps I would need to take to prepare it to publish it?

I've looked for a tutorial on this sort of thing, but haven't found anything. There's stuff on 'publishing' and 'exporting' but nothing on making that stuff you exported more finished. If there is a tutorial, I'd appreciate being redirected there.

• Does anyone know how to take that nw.exe file and make it something that looks more finished instead of having it buried in a file? Is there an easier way to make the EXE accessible?

You mean like an installer? Try Inno Setup - jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

And finally has anyone published on Steam? What are the next steps I would need to take to prepare it to publish it?

There aren't really any special steps you need to take to prepare your exported files, they will work as is for Windows on Steam. Linux there is an extra file needed not included in the export, don't know about for Mac.

As for getting it on Steam, basic steps are:

• Sign up as a Steamworks partner (https://partner.steamgames.com/). You will need tax, business and bank details to set up fully
    • Purchase your appID for 100USD
    • Set up your Steam Store page with info and images (requires approval)
    • Download the Steamworks SDK and use that to upload your build

Build will need approval before release,which is mostly just checking it works and matches the store decription

There is documentation and a developer forum available once you've signed up.

If you want your game to be successful on Steam, you'll need to look into marketing and promotion.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks! This is really helpful.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)