I'm new at using Construct 2 and I'm trying to do a simple game. It is indeed a simple idea, but as I'm NOT a Construct 2 expert I can't understand which is the best way to do some stuff, so I end up doing strange workarounds that suck.
So this is the setting of the game:
- I have a character on the right side of the screen that can only move up and down and shoot ONLY towards the right side of the screen.
- Enemies come from the right side of the screen in a straight line, and if they get to the left end of the screen you lose some health. ( basically like a tower defense without towers).
- I'm still thinking about the enemy spawns. Not sure if I will put enemy waves with an upgrade shop between waves, or 1 huge wave with increasing difficulty and a button to open the upgrade shop whenever you want.
Here come the PROBLEMS:
1) I put an "enrage" status for the enemies, which triggers randomly on an enemy on screen every certain period of time. "Enrage" causes the enemy to change animation and go faster. What I can't seem to do correctly is spawn a flame animation behind the enemy's aircraft (to give the impression of a boost) ONLY when they get enraged. On event 12 of the event sheet in the uploaded picture you can see what happens when an enemy becomes enraged. There i had a "spawn EngineBoost" but the result was a trail of sprites behind the moving enemy (obviously, because the enemy keeps being enraged and alive, so that event keeps playing).What is the best way to implement this thing?
2) I haven't totally tried this yet, but I don't want to mess up the code before getting advice. How should I manage the enemy waves? which is the best way to write these events? (possibily analyzing both "wave" modes that i wrote above)
Sorry about the long post. I hope someone can help me, and thanks in advance!!
EDIT: Forgot to post the Screenshot, silly me