Need some help with buggy Spriter animation.

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
characters sprites for creating a 2D action platformer or sidescroller game with cute, kawaii, fantasy theme
  • dl.dropbox.com/u/48945867/Game/Vale.capx

When the Battle layout is run, there are several problems:

1. The Animation does not switch to the Warrior, rather it stays on the Mage even though it has been set to switch.

2. When Attack is clicked, the animations play with both the sprites flickering, then either of them will randomly disappear.

3. When Bash is clicked, the animation is played and the shield gets detached from the Warrior's arm.

Why is this happening?

• Bmp :\

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • yeah, I have all sorts of problem with Spriter and C2. Right now it's difficult to work with :( hopefully the next plugin and Spriter public release will solve some of the fickle behaviour.

• please report all bugs jayderyu (unless it's already been reported and noted)

I'm looking into this now I'll post back when I figure something out. Also if you can email me : lucidqoh@brashmonkey.com with zips or rars of your Spriter scml(along with the images). So far, I don't think I'll need that to troubleshoot, but if I do end up needing it, you won't have to wait for me to post, and ask, etc.

Thanks for the bug report yaomon

• dl.dropbox.com/u/48945867/Game/Vale.capx

When the Battle layout is run, there are several problems:

1. The Animation does not switch to the Warrior, rather it stays on the Mage even though it has been set to switch.

2. When Attack is clicked, the animations play with both the sprites flickering, then either of them will randomly disappear.

3. When Bash is clicked, the animation is played and the shield gets detached from the Warrior's arm.

Why is this happening?

Thanks for the bug report!

All fixed. uploading update in a minute.

• update

also, noticed that in your cap, I couldn't find the conditions for scml plugin like 'On Animation {animation name} Finished' or 'On Any Animation Finished'. Not sure why that is, perhaps you started the cap with an older version of the plugin? I thought C2 was supposed to allow conditions to be added to a plugin mid project, though, so I'll see what I can find out about that.

• Thank you for your reply! Awesome timing too since I just pre-ordered Spriter :]

• Oh yea, I was wondering about the Animation Finished conditions too. As of right now I just have a generic variable changing around but it is making things a bit difficult :|

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)